Archicad and CA?

tommy1

A little more info on what's happening. I drew the model in CA. The designer uses Archicad and she wants to make some revisions with elevations. She said that Archicad opens a lot of program files including CA. I sent her a zip file twice and she said that she couldn't unzip it. Don't understand that. Anyway, my gmail account will let me upload a .plan file so I'll try sending it to her unzipped. Not sure about my file size limit with gmail.

19 minutes ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

I am not aware of a CAD program that will natively open another program's file, except through dwg export. She is mistaken.

That's what I think. I'm not a big fan of these designers. They do not work for/with me. I warned them and the builder. The designers told me, the builder and the homeowner that it wouldn't matter if I did it in CA. Go figure.

To be honest, I'm sort of fed up with this whole situation. Every time the designers marked up revisions, either the builder or homeowner changed it. I've done my part and have been paid, but I'm not going to waste my time on things beyond my control. This job has been going on for over a year now. You would think that the homeowner would start getting frustrated with the builder and designers. I just drafted my part and did around 6 requested revisions. I'm about to walk away from the design process and when everyone gets their Sh** together, I'll get with the builder for construction plans. The only reason I haven't walked away from this job is because I've drawn plans for this builder for around 10 years.

• Upvote 1