SCALE PROBLEM SENDING TO LAYOUT

ToolBox

I am a new user with x11 and having a problem sending layer sets to layout.  All was fine for a while, but now the layers come in huge.

This happened with my plumbing layout and a wall elevation. In the Layout DBX the scale is set to 1"= 1" and in the plan I am in 1/4"scale dimension default.  Any help would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, ToolBox said:

I am a new user with x11 and having a problem sending layer sets to layout.  All was fine for a while, but now the layers come in huge.

This happened with my plumbing layout and a wall elevation. In the Layout DBX the scale is set to 1"= 1" and in the plan I am in 1/4"scale dimension default.  Any help would be appreciated.

1. Check the scale in the Plumbing Saved Plan view.
  2. Check what the scale is set when sending to Layout
  3. If both of those fail to make a difference - just "Rescale" the Layout Box.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:
  1. Check the scale in the Plumbing Saved Plan view.
  2. Check what the scale is set when sending to Layout
  3. If both of those fail to make a difference - just "Rescale" the Layout Box.

I would assume No2 is the issue , and no3 would be the fix for views already sent....

Joe.....I don't think SPVs have a scale do they?  (zoom level yes)  though some probably wish they did....

M.

Thank you all.  My problem was in the scale sending to layout.  My scale was set at 1"=1"  and not 1/4"=1'-0". .  I thought I had checked this but i guess not. I also tried to re-scale the section from the layout box with no luck. I didn't see a re-scale option, just height and width options.  I do need to bring it in at a bigger scale like half inch so you can see it.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Joe.....I don't think SPVs have a scale do they?

I'm not sure if it's separate from the overall plan scale - but it might be.

I just checked, and there's only one scale for the plan.  But each CAD Detail, Section & Elevation can have a different scale.  IOW, each "drawing" has it's own scale.  All Floor Plan Views are considered a single "drawing".

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

I needed SPVs to have separate scale specific to the view last night, but worked around it.

"Help" is a bit confusing on the topic:

help.png

Off to the Suggestions forum...

Interesting , so with this Info and Joe's comment above it would suggest we can only have one scale for Plan Views...

I was not aware that this Dialog is VIEW SPECIFIC and saved in Plan , I will need to play with this more....

M.