cad Mask

capitaldesigns

I am trying to place a CAD mask over one dimension on the foundation line so I can type over it.

The CAD mask does not cover up anything in the dimensions. Also the CAD mask is not covering

regular text or arrows. It does cover up walls and footings.

I have used these in the past to mask a dimension that was to long to fit. For example. a series of

dimension such as 1'-2", 1'-8", 1'-10". They will be written over each other. Since CA will not allow

me the change it to 14", 20", 22" I have put a mask over them and type over it with the dimension

callouts I wanted.

Does anyone know why the CAD mask is not covering up dimensions, text and arrows ?

Thanks,

Mike  

22 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

Since CA will not allow me the change it to 14", 20", 22"

May I suggest in a situation like that, create another dimension line and change the format for just that line to inches. That way the dimension stays live and you don't have two other objects - the mask and the text box - floating around.

11 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

May I suggest in a situation like that, create another dimension line and change the format for just that line to inches. That way the dimension stays live and you don't have two other objects - the mask and the text box - floating around.

You can do the above, then go to the "offending" dimension and delete those segments, then move your new dims back inline.

Thanks guys. I could not find the command to move the CAD mask forward or to the back. I just found it.

Didn't it use to be in the DBX when you double clicked on the CAD mask ?

Also did not know you could change the default settings for only a couple of dimensions in a dimension string.

I thought buy changing the dimension default you would also changes all of the existing dimensions in the drawing as well. 

12 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

Also did not know you could change the default settings for only a couple of dimensions in a dimension string.

I thought buy changing the dimension default you would also changes all of the existing dimensions in the drawing as well. 

Don't change the defaults, just customize the settings for that one string.