is there a min drawer size?

dskogg

You have grid snaps turned on in cabinet default and in plan, making the one cabinet 5-3/4" instead of 6" (I never use grid snaps working with cabinets).

At 6" it shows back up.

It appears 6" is minimum which makes sense to me. The narrowest manufactured PO that go into a cabinet mfg is 4-1/2" (and that has glides on one side only). In wood the narrowest is 5", below that they are filler pullouts. Sure maybe someone could make something narrower to fit into a cabinet box but why.

pos.png

11 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

You have grid snaps turned on in cabinet default and in plan, making the one cabinet 5-3/4" instead of 6" (I never use grid snaps working with cabinets).

At 6" it shows back up.

It appears 6" is minimum which makes sense to me. The narrowest manufactured PO that go into a cabinet mfg is 4-1/2" (and that has glides on one side only). In wood the narrowest is 5", below that they are filler pullouts. Sure maybe someone could make something narrower to fit into a cabinet box but why.

pos.png

Thanks Marc, so you turned off giid snaps in cabinets( i changed it to .5" increments) and turned off grid snaps in plan, but once that is done what did you do? i made door over size so it hangs over cabinet on either side by 3/4" so the drawer hides gables and doesn't look like a drawer, so if i make cabinet 4.5" wide, drawer face will be 6" wide and i will have a drawer that is about 3" wide fit into 4.5" wide cabinet...

Did you resave my custom spice drawer with grid snaps in plan and cabinets off?

I turned snaps off in both, resized cabinet to 6" -may have changed minimum cabinet size or size increments but don't think I did that until I tried to get something narrower than 6".

4 minutes ago, dskogg said:

i wwith ill have a drawer that is about 3" wide fit into 4.5" wide cabinet...

I wouldn't.

Thanks, it doesnt make sense for ca not to show drawer below 6" cab width, it it woks it works...

A 4.5" cabinet with 5/8" sides will give you a clear 3.25" opening, then you could use top and bottom mount slides and a 3" wide drawer.

I thought i was doing something wrong but it looks like ca has chosen not to show drawers in cabinets less than 6" wide when open.

45 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Thanks, it doesnt make sense for ca not to show drawer below 6" cab width, it it woks it works...

A 4.5" cabinet with 5/8" sides will give you a clear 3.25" opening, then you could use top and bottom mount slides and a 3" wide drawer.

I thought i was doing something wrong but it looks like ca has chosen not to show drawers in cabinets less than 6" wide when open.

- then account for the thickness of the drawer sides?. I  gave you my opinion.. to me it makes no sense to build it (with or without drawer sides-waste of money and function) so why show it.

If you really want to show it make the symbol with the door and corbel on it-lock the dimensions and change the origins then place it as a rollout shelf instead.

4 in wide po.png