Polyline Labels, how to change text style

Michael_Gia

Are polyline labels locked to only one independent default text style?

Example:  If I create a "room polyline" and open it's "object layer properties" I get the two lines highlighted, one for the "polylines, labels" and the other is the specific layer that I have set up to change color, line style etc...

I want to change the text style of the polyliine label but if I do this it will change the text style of ALL polyline labels used in the plan.

How can I change the polyline text style only for that item?

1 hour ago, solver said:

Text Box containing a macro.

ct1.thumb.png.98898777c4d89f3b888977017a0f0cc7.png

If I have a text box with a macro, then I can change the text style just fine for that text box, but how do I refer to my room polyline so I can display info about the room polyline?

I can create a room polyline and use its object specific values but how can I get a random text box containing a macro to refer to those polyline object specific values?

I know I can use a text box in a room to pick up room specific values but not the polyline values. Or is there a way?

A polyline has a perimeter attribute and has for a long time.  A room also has a perimeter attribute now.  If you want to use the perimeter of a room somewhere other than the actual room label though, you need to use room.perimeter.  The latter will not return the perimeter of a plain old polyline though.  It will return the perimeter of the room it is located inside of (if it is).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

A polyline has a perimeter attribute and has for a long time.  A room also has a perimeter attribute now.  If you want to use the perimeter of a room somewhere other than the actual room label though, you need to use room.perimeter.  The latter will not return the perimeter of a plain old polyline though.  It will return the perimeter of the room it is located inside of (if it is).

Thanks to both of you.  I get it now.