Default Page Template Same plan-Multiple disceplines

Evolution

I'm biting the bullet to ask for help since I searched the forum under several key words and could not find the answer. I have also watched several of the videos, and searched the Knowledge base, on Creating Layout templates, which is what I am attempting to do in X11.  I migrated all my layout temps from X10., I wasn't able to do what I wanted in X10 which is to have each discipline have its own default page template, (this is required by Code here) i.e. G sheets for the Gen'l (code related) info, A for Architectural of course, S for structural and so on.  In one of the Videos showing setting up layout templates the presenter says you can create multiple Page templates (it implies to use in the same plan), but never shows you how.  Maybe one of the others does????? What I have done in X10, since I couldn't figure it out, was set up a file for each discipline, saved each with the project name then and extension like .generalinfo.layout, project name.architectural.layout and so on. I set up different layers / annos in my plan to show what the AHJ wanted included. Of course; you can't have more than one layout file open at a time, so;  when sending say electrical plan / details I had to close my Arch layout, and open the projectname.electrical.layout file to send the information to.  A lot of work, printing each discipline to PDF, then combining all of them into one PDF file to send to printer etc.

I'm pretty sure I saw the topic or something similar on the forum, after looking through a 100 or so post supposedly related to the topic I haven't run up on it.

Thanks for your patients and help!

Creating multiple Default page templates for the same plan.png

Couple things going on. Certainly check out Eric's link which gives some insight in to creating numbering schemes that allow for each discipline (A, G, S, etc.) in a SINGLE Layout. That may be all you need to serve the purpose as you've described it.

A Layout Template is a template you can re-use for future Layouts and a Page Template is an entirely new Layout Sheet design that you create in Layout and then specify for any page you want to use that Page template. Might actually be what you want but you might be able ti use just the number system as described in the link above.

Page Templates below

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5205/layout-features.html

16 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Couple things going on. Certainly check out Eric's link which gives some insight in to creating numbering schemes that allow for each discipline (A, G, S, etc.) in a SINGLE Layout. That may be all you need to serve the purpose as you've described it.

A Layout Template is a template you can re-use for future Layouts and a Page Template is an entirely new Layout Sheet design that you create in Layout and then specify for any page you want to use that Page template. Might actually be what you want but you might be able ti use just the number system as described in the link above.

Page Templates below

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5205/layout-features.html

Thanks Larry. This is one of the earlier Vid's I found. I've already watched this one a couple or more times. I guess I'm too thick - skulled and it seems slow at sinking in, although I started my new series of templates after watching it the first time, that's when I realized I wasn't doing something correctly. Maybe after I read the KB article Eric sent me I can connect to two and that little light will pop on in my head! [EDIT] I got your last post after posting this response. 

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Hope this helps. I think you may need to revisit some of Chief's terms and standards and get a better idea of some of the intentions behind each template and their purpose.

BOB'S LAYOUT TEMPLATE.layout

Great video Larry! By series of layout templates (I mean) for my office use I have 13x19 print size (for my wife format printer) layout template; so I don’t have to send them out to print.I also have a 24x36 (I do have to send out for printing) when I’m doing anything that has to go through the local code guy here. I am also setting up two others for two other jurisdictions that require a certain size print .

I understand the page process, that’s the way I’ve been doing previous projects. Page zero is my default for all other pages in the same plan.

What I wanted to do is exactly what you show in your video. That way I have each discipline in one layout file saved  for a project, instead of several separate layout files for each projects discepline.

I will watch your video a couple more times then open one of my layout templates I’ve created and practice the process!

thanks as always!

14 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Hope this helps. I think you may need to revisit some of Chief's terms and standards and get a better idea of some of the intentions behind each template and their purpose.

BOB'S LAYOUT TEMPLATE.layout

BTW-Larry, thanks for the template and pages! Re-watching the video until I get the process down helps immensely!!!