Line Type Scaling

capitaldesigns

Is there a way to change the line scaling ? I drawing a property line using the line with long line followed by 2 dashes followed by another long line.

Looking at this line in the plan the lone line is very short and the dashes look like little dots. On one of the property lines that is 250' long there

are over 100 of these line, 2 dashes, line combinations. So many that when printed you can not see any of the lashes.

Is there away to spread these dashes out so there not so close together ? I tried using the line with the P/L imbedded in the line. Again there a hundreds of the P/L

going around the property lines. I usually would only have one or two along each property line.

Thanks,

Mike

I would make a custom line style with the spacing you need. Will be a bit of trial and error until you get what you want. If you're going to send to layout at an engineering scale, you should probably check that too.

• Upvote 1

I will try that. I come from an AutoCAD background. In AutoCAD you can change the spacing of these line by command called line type scaling. I did not know if CA had such a command.

I see you upgraded to X11. How do you like it ? In your opinion is worth upgrading from X10 to X11 ?

Thanks,

Mike