• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cwbhunter
    Newest Member
    cwbhunter

• By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By josiemlittle
      Hello, I’m needing help lowering the roof. I’m trying to make a 50x80x16 shop with the pitch lower than the default gable height. I’m new to this and I’m hoping this software will help build our dreams on our farm. I want the look of the attached photo with the front being the 80 ft side. 

• By amydutton
      How do I put a roof return on this roof? Can't find a video about it anywhere on the Chief Website... is there another name for it?

See attachment, and where I drew in black.

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?