PDF different from screen view

mborean

Working on my first project in Chief.  The attached PDF is a screen shot showing part of a PDF created in Chief and the layout page that the PDF was derived from.  In the drawing I drew the triangles in the gable to represent louvered gable end vents.  In the drawing, they are fine, but in the PDF, the triangles are shifted a couple inches.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks

pdf vs screen image.pdf

That is a fairly significant offset.  Chief still has some offset issues to work out but usually not that bad.  What method did you use for the layout.  Plot lines or live ?  Also did you send to layout from vector view ?

I used live for the layout.  On the elevation, I simply made the polygon and then put in a fill.  The image looks good in CA, but goobers up in PDF.  Guess, I could make the attic wall a pony wall, and apply different materials there.  

Guys,  Thanks for the replies.  The vents I used are custom, and I didn't find any in the library that would fit the geometry.  

Newbie question here,  Plot Lines?  Not sure what those are and how they differ from normal lines.  Please explain.  Thanks again!!