Color Themes - Toolbar separator line

johnny

45 minutes ago, johnny said:

Is it my imagination, or did the recent update change the thickness or color of the toolbar separator lines when you use a custom theme?

Below is a visual example.  We tested on other machines with the same result.

line_issue.png

the way its supposed to be.png

I guess you are say that the Full Release is in my Digital Locker  :)  thanks.....

M.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Is it my imagination, or did the recent update change the thickness or color of the toolbar separator lines when you use a custom theme?

Below is a visual example.  We tested on other machines with the same result.

line_issue.png

the way its supposed to be.png

Yes I think so Johnny , even with the Classic theme you get a darker thicker Separator between Toolbars now , seems like they tweaked the Icon size to perhaps? or the Icon Size I set in the latest Beta (28) didn't take till this upgrade.

PS had to re-install your Subtle Theme.....

M.

13 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

It also adds lines around fields in DBXs which I'm real happy about, thanks Chief.

Unfortunately my pet peeve the Select Material DBX still doesn't "remember" it's layout or Size , drives me crazy to have to do it every time....

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately my pet peeve the Select Material DBX still doesn't "remember" it's layout or Size , drives me crazy to have to do it every time....

Mick,

Works OK for me.

I assume you have the option turned on in Preferences (I am sure you have already checked that).

Otherwise, I don't know.

13 hours ago, glennw said:

Mick,

Works OK for me.

I assume you have the option turned on in Preferences (I am sure you have already checked that).

Otherwise, I don't know.

If you mean the Save Dialogs size and position in prefs. yes it is set to Always

The size and position of the Object DBX is saved but when you go to the Material Tab , select something to change it, the Select Material DBX is back to default pane sizes , with the Middle panes (previews) being squished and the RH Pane being maximised..... so I need to pull all 3 right each time with the Critter but they are back to default each time I go in there...

Have I missed something? cos there was reports on the Beta Forum too...I think by Christina?

image.thumb.png.00366d54ddfe510843fb3056d4bd44c8.png

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

They not only added outline to DBX but now have separate control of icon background.

Icon background.jpg

and shift color.png

hadn't noticed that.... nice if you need it ...I like that Users have a ( more) Choice now....

10 hours ago, glennw said:

OK, my library list gets a bit cut off the width, but not nearly as much as yours.

I am on a mac which may make a difference.

I have Reported it , so hopefully it will get "fixed"  .....or at least I'll be told what setting i have wrong :)

M.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, HumbleChief said:

Surprising how much I dislike the larger line. We'll get used to it of course bit it makes the interface just little bit clunky looking IMO.

I hate it too....i was able to switch back by not using any of the custom UI options and going back to the true "classic" and then uncheck "color theme"...

uncheck.png

52 minutes ago, johnny said:

I hate it too....i was able to switch back by not using any of the custom UI options and going back to the true "classic".

I did the same thing. The heavy separator lines make the toolbars look too busy, especially when you have a lot of toolbars like me! I found them to be quite distracting to the eye. Hopefully they give us a setting we can adjust for those in the next update.

3 hours ago, LevisL said:

I did the same thing. The heavy separator lines make the toolbars look too busy, especially when you have a lot of toolbars like me! I found them to be quite distracting to the eye. Hopefully they give us a setting we can adjust for those in the next update.

Me too , just a bit too heavy for my liking, found it distracting but it was something, that was asked for by some Users, glad to see boxes around Fields again though in DBX's.

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Maybe the saddest part is someone on the software team is spending time on an interface change that has no real effect on function while other issues go unattended...

Not sure about now but initially themes were done by Shawn in his Own time , for himself.......

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/21332-big-thumbs-down-for-outdated-ui-in-x11/?do=findComment&comment=175984