Object Layer Properties

cbdtacoma

I must've inadvertently changed a setting (operator error), now when an object is selected the Objects Layer Properties dialog does not automatically open.

I have looked for default settings, preferences, done online search, topic search, but cannot find an answer.

I relied on that feature to quickly hide objects during editing.

I hope it is a simple setting to turn on.

TIA

CW

It would definitely be great to know about that setting as I don't think that is even possible.   The Objects Layer Properties tool should appear on the tool bar when you select and object but have never heard of it opening automatically.

If you need to access the layer properties that often you might consider using the Active Layer Display Options and leave it docked and open.

7 hours ago, cbdtacoma said:

I relied on that feature to quickly hide objects during editing.

As an optional method to quickly hide objects, there's a command called "hide layer"or "layer hider". I've added a hotkey for this or you can add a tool bar button. With the hotkey all I do when I want to turn off an objects' layer is hit my hotkey, then click an object that's on that layer. No navigating to a dbx to clear a checkbox. Super quick.

For other layer controls, like turning layers on, I have the Active Layer Display Options docked for quick access as others have suggested.