templates

chiefusermatto

Hello everyone,

I've been a softplan user for 7 years and just downloaded CA today. I've been watching some of the user videos and it appears there are preloaded templates already. But when I load up the program I just have about 5. And do you also do you have to go download all the custom libraries like anderson windows, shaw flooring, etc???? The program looks amazing. Excited to learn it. 

Welcome! Chief is an amazing tool.  When I started using Chief in 2014 there used to be multiple templates with predefined styles, such as Arts & Crafts, modern, etc that had different cabinets, doors, lighting styles set as defaults. Perhaps those are what is shown on some of the videos you've watched. 

I'm not sure when Chief changed to having less template options, like residential, etc. as those older templates kept migrating with my new installs. I never really used those other style based templates so finally deleted them so they don't migrate anymore. 

The residential template is a good starting point. Save a copy and then modify to suit your needs. Then in the preferences settings, change the default template to your modified one. 

16 hours ago, chiefusermatto said:

Hello everyone,

I've been a softplan user for 7 years and just downloaded CA today. I've been watching some of the user videos and it appears there are preloaded templates already. But when I load up the program I just have about 5. And do you also do you have to go download all the custom libraries like anderson windows, shaw flooring, etc???? The program looks amazing. Excited to learn it. 

Make sure you download the Core Library , under Library on the File Menu.....

All the others you must do individually from the 3D Library but does require SSA for about 1/2 of them...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/3d-library/index.php?r=site/library&reset=true

I don't think the "Style Templates" are included anymore in CA Premier ( X8 was last update i have I think?) but search the forum for them, pretty sure I posted a Zip of them a month or two back for someone else with the same question.

M.