Interior dimensions "jump" to other side of wall layer

JoeSelby

Hello, 

I've been having an issue where my interior dimensions will move to the other side of the wall.  For example, a room I dimension to 12' wide with interior dimensions will suddenly read 12' 3 1/2" as the end point has "jumped" to the other side of the wall layer.  I double check my dimensions all of the time because it appears to be random.  I've been working around this, but now a client has complained so I'd love to find a fix.  Has anyone else had this issue or know of a way to stop it?  

This happens on all of my plans.  

Thank you, 

Joe 

2 hours ago, JoeSelby said:

Hello, 

I've been having an issue where my interior dimensions will move to the other side of the wall.  For example, a room I dimension to 12' wide with interior dimensions will suddenly read 12' 3 1/2" as the end point has "jumped" to the other side of the wall layer.  I double check my dimensions all of the time because it appears to be random.  I've been working around this, but now a client has complained so I'd love to find a fix.  Has anyone else had this issue or know of a way to stop it?  

This happens on all of my plans.  

Thank you, 

Joe 

This could happen if the Wall Direction is reversed and you are set to measure to the Wall's Dimension Layer ( whatever CA considers the Exterior side , even for interior walls)  if the wall is reversed then it should go back to 12'

a 2nd thought....Are your Dimension Defaults sync'd or different?  ie Temporary Dims use "both sides" while Interior Dims use the Wall Dimension Layer? that kind of thing..... so you would place the wall using Temp. Dims and the Dimension later with Interior or Auto Interior and not notice it was different.... ( even though room is the same size )

M.