Recessed Interior Door

BryceEngstrom

Thank you for that. Well, that at least makes me feel a little better. :)  So, does the symbol you made behave as a door symbol with regards to swing direction, showing it open or closed, etc. too, or is it more like a standard symbol where you'd have to fuss with the 2D block to have it read correctly in plan?

Kind of frustrating, then, that you can get so close to this with the door tool, but not quite there.  Will have to send in a feature request for this.

2 hours ago, BryceEngstrom said:

Thank you for that. Well, that at least makes me feel a little better. :)  So, does the symbol you made behave as a door symbol with regards to swing direction, showing it open or closed, etc. too, or is it more like a standard symbol where you'd have to fuss with the 2D block to have it read correctly in plan?

Kind of frustrating, then, that you can get so close to this with the door tool, but not quite there.  Will have to send in a feature request for this.

There is a thread Bryce from jan I think on doing Shadow Details , maybe some of that info may help ?  though IIRC it only worked well on one side of the Door too.

Yeah, that's the problem I was having. Could only get it to work well on one side.  Not pressing enough to spend a bunch more time on it but I also remember way back some creative use of window treatments to achieve something like this for windows.  Have no idea if the same approach could work for doors.  But, custom placing a separate symbol for each door just isn't practical unless you are just trying to perfect a model for hi res renderings or something.

I did send in a feature request.