2D vs 3D view - wall coverings not displaying the same in 2D and 3D view

DenisonDrywall

I adjusted the material definition of the wall tile and it shows correctly for the most part in the 2D view but the tiles don't change size in the 3D view.  What can i do to get it to show the same in both views?  How do i get the tile above the accent tile to start with a hole piece of 12x24?

tiles are to be 12x24 and 6x24.  Its a Daltile tile but its not in the library.

thanks,

Jennifer Palmer

Denison Drywall 

Chief X10

bath 3d.JPG

bath elev.JPG

1 minute ago, DenisonDrywall said:

my program usually automatically asks me to  upgrade and it hasn't yet. Just found out a little bit ago that it came out.

That's because X11 is still in Public Beta - or your SSA isn't current.  If your SSA is current the Public Beta of X11 should be in your digital locker.

Just to be clear, elevation views in Chief Architect are technically 3D views.  Your problem has to do with the differences between a standard rendered view and a vector view.  Rendered views show textures and vector views show patterns.  So the main problem is that your texture and pattern don't match.  You could see this problem in any camera view depending on which rendering technique you use.

And, as Joe has pointed out, X11 has some new tools related to materials that makes it easier to make your patterns and textures match.