Master List

Manixbrad

3 hours ago, Manixbrad said:

I accidentally clicked "Update to Master" instead of "Update from Master"  when I had "select all" chosen on a materials list and now most of my master list pricing was erased.  Is there any way to undo that or recover it?

Start Fresh yes , not recover, unless you have a backup on another disk eg an USB external Drive or in the Cloud,  of your Chief Data Folder, which is in My Documents.

The file is mmaster.dat

Unfortunately that's what I figured.  I already rebuilt the master list and was able to figure out how to save a copy to my desktop for future protection.  Just need to make sure I update the saved copy on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Manixbrad said:

Unfortunately that's what I figured.  I already rebuilt the master list and was able to figure out how to save a copy to my desktop for future protection.  Just need to make sure I update the saved copy on a regular basis.

So you don't do any kind of backups to another HDD or an external USB or even a Flash Drive?

I'd highly recommend you do as you'd lose a whole lot more if the HDD dies or you get Malware or something.

Personally I use the Free Macrium Reflect version to Image the Whole HDD to and external for major issues twice a week and

I also use the Free version of SyncBack to back up the My Documents folder to the Same External and a SD card in my monitor's Card Reader daily too , which also saves the Chief Data Folder by default which includes you User Library too.