VIDEO LESSON: Displaying Pony Walls with Plan Views

SNestor

Just a quickie video about how to display pony walls with plan views.  Did not go into depth.  Chief Architect did an excellent video on the topic which goes into more detail...and if this is something you do often you should go to the Chief Videos page and watch their video on Pony Walls.  

Here is a link to CA video:  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5226/displaying-pony-walls-in-layout.html

• Upvote 2

On 3/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, SNestor said:

Just a quickie video about how to display pony walls with plan views.  Did not go into depth.  Chief Architect did an excellent video on the topic which goes into more detail...and if this is something you do often you should go to the Chief Videos page and watch their video on Pony Walls.  

Here is a link to CA video:  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5226/displaying-pony-walls-in-layout.html

Always appreciate your videos but personally would much rather watch your interpretation of Chief's video than Chief's video and your video above shows the process for one plan view but seems to stop short of showing the set up of the second plan view. Perhaps you think we might be bored or that it's redundant somehow? Dunno, but again personally I would like to see how you create the entire 2 plan view set and how they work with defaults, in your own words and techniques which again I find very valuable and perhaps more valuable than Chief's videos. In other words please "go in to depth" as your time and energy allows..

Thank you again...

and a very small aside that you may ignore if you choose, the intro/outro noise may not add anything to your videos - just sayin'

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, HumbleChief said:

Always appreciate your videos but personally would much rather watch your interpretation of Chief's video than Chief's video and your video above shows the process for one plan view but seems to stop short of showing the set up of the second plan view. Perhaps you think we might be bored or that it's redundant somehow? Dunno, but again personally I would like to see how you create the entire 2 plan view set and how they work with defaults, in your own words and techniques which again I find very valuable and perhaps more valuable than Chief's videos. In other words please "go in to depth" as your time and energy allows..

Thank you again...

and a very small aside that you may ignore if you choose, the intro/outro noise may not add anything to your videos - just sayin'

Larry...here is another video that I hope clears up the Pony Wall question you had. It's not rocket science (not smart enough for that...) but basically you control the display with layer sets...and "plan views" remember the default setting for "pony walls".  Let me know if the video still doesn't make things clear...I ramble at times.

Thanks so much for taking the time for the video. Really appreciate your take on Chief. The whole "plan views saves defaults settings for walls" thing was news to me. Not sure when/how I'll use it but another tool in the box is always a good thing.