Old plan to new template

builtright3

The question is why do you want to put the old plan into your new template.  There are several options depending on what you want to accomplish.  One option is to export all the Defaults, Layersets, Annosets, Line Styles, Text Styles, etc from the Template and then Import them into the old plan.  That way, you won't lose any Sections, Elevations, CAD Details, etc.

So...it sounds like you want the new defaults to apply to the old plan?

If so, look at it the other way around.

Open the old plan, and then use Import Default Settings tool to import the selected defaults from your new template plan into the old plan.

One option is to export all the Defaults, Layersets, Annosets, Line Styles, Text Styles, etc from the Template and then Import them into the old plan

Doing it using Import Default Settings is way easier than exporting all the defaults and importing into the old plan.

4 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

The question is why do you want to put the old plan into your new template.  There are several options depending on what you want to accomplish.  One option is to export all the Defaults, Layersets, Annosets, Line Styles, Text Styles, etc from the Template and then Import them into the old plan.  That way, you won't lose any Sections, Elevations, CAD Details, etc.

I started from scratch in X11 and rebuilt all my defaults and setup my new "Plan Views" and also started to reconfigure my tool bar. I don't care about losing my sections, details and elevations from the plan, its mainly the structure (foundation, floor, walls and roof) that I want and the plot plan with all the property line and all of the setbacks.

I want to re-send the sections and floor plans to my new layout with my newly built "Plan Views"

2 hours ago, glennw said:

Open the old plan, and then use Import Default Settings tool to import the selected defaults from your new template plan into the old plan.

Doing it using Import Default Settings is way easier than exporting all the defaults and importing into the old plan.

18 hours ago, solver said:

Edit Area

Eric,

Did you mean for this instruction of using "Edit Area" to be used as a copy and paste of the old plan to the new plan template? If so, what is the difference between using Edit Area and just using the copy/paste tool? Would it include more of the plan file?

4 hours ago, builtright3 said:

If so, what is the difference between using Edit Area and just using the copy/paste tool? Would it include more of the plan file?

You still use copy/paste but "Edit Area (All Floors)" captures more of the model than simple selecting, for editing, moving, deleting, copying, etc.

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

You still use copy/paste but "Edit Area (All Floors)" captures more of the model than simple selecting, for editing, moving, deleting, copying, etc.

Thank You for verifying my thought. This is a new tool for me. I read the help on it but I don't always do well with written instruction.

On 3/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

On 3/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, glennw said:

Importing all my setting into the old plan was definitely the way to go.

Thank you both very much!