Where is angle hatch fill in X11 ?

JJohnson

10 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You don’t have to save anything to the library in this particular instance.  IMO it’s faster to just set to strip and change the angle than it is to go to the library.  

unless you want to use it again and again. You can also just paste it into what you need

26 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You don’t have to save anything to the library in this particular instance.  IMO it’s faster to just set to strip and change the angle than it is to go to the library.  

I have to agree. My library doesn't have to get any larger with something like this.

45 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...yes hatch fills are easy, it's the other common fills that are now in an inconvenient library location instead of the more convenient drop down box. Oh well...

You can use the "place library object" button...and assign some hatches and put them on a custom toolbar...or just put them on a toolbar you always use.  

I do have to agree with Larry on this one...this "new" feature does not advance the ball.  It's cumbersome...and not intuitive.  When you go to the hatch pattern and your looking for an angle hatch (standard...use every day)...and there isn't anything there you think to yourself...what the hell?  Where did it go....:wacko:

12 hours ago, solver said:

Thank you for directing me to that thread, I completely missed it before.

Why in the world the most commonly used pattern would be dropped

from the handy drop down list, escapes me......

CHIEF, please, please, please put the hatches back where they belong as you are doing the BETA fixes.

Thank You! From all of us

Just to be clear, posting comments like this on Chieftalk is not a very effective way of communicating with us.  We do not have enough people or time to read every Chieftalk post.  If you want to be sure your comments are received then you need to always report them directly to tech support either through the online support center or by calling them during their normal business hours.  You can also post any feature requests on the Suggestions forum.   Anything else has no guarantee that anyone from Chief Architect will even see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dermot said:

Just to be clear, posting comments like this on Chieftalk is not a very effective way of communicating with us.  We do not have enough people or time to read every Chieftalk post.  If you want to be sure your comments are received then you need to always report them directly to tech support either through the online support center or by calling them during their normal business hours.  You can also post any feature requests on the Suggestions forum.   Anything else has no guarantee that anyone from Chief Architect will even see it.

OK guys, I just finished doing this very thing at tech supports on line support center.

Asked for hatch patterns to be restored to Fill DBX

If a few more of us will join in, we may get results.

Worth a try ??

9 hours ago, Dermot said:

Understood, I will go through the proper channels.

Thank you for reminding me

7 hours ago, JJohnson said:

OK guys, I just finished doing this very thing at tech supports on line support center.

Asked for hatch patterns to be restored to Fill DBX

If a few more of us will join in, we may get results.

Worth a try ??

Agreed, and this should be done because it makes sense and it should be an easy fix for them. I also think Chief is doing a wonderful job and appreciate the upgrades. 

For what it's worth, I think it makes perfect sense that Chief removed the extra hatch patterns from the drop-down list.  It might not be what we're used to, but now that we have the ability to rotate patterns on an object by object basis, it makes more sense to consolidate patterns for continuity and logicality.  The vertical hatch, horizontal hatch, and 2 angle hatches are essentially the same exact pattern except that they're rotated.  If Chief adds them back to the drop down now, they're just going to be duplicating patterns and any rotation settings in the dialog box are going to make a lot less sense for those.  If for example you have a 45 degree angle set and switch to an angle hatch, it will look like a vertical hatch, the other angle hatch will look like a horizontal hatch, the angle cross hatch will look like a grid, etc. etc. 

I personally think Chief should just leave it as is.  It always took me several seconds to think/sort through which of the angle hatches I wanted anyway.  At least I don't have to think about it much now since I know it will be Strip, and then I just set the desired angle. 

Also, don't forget about both the Object Eyedropper and the new Fill Style Eyedropper.  We shouldn't even need to go into that dialog box much of the time. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, builtright3 said:

Agreed, and this should be done because it makes sense and it should be an easy fix for them. I also think Chief is doing a wonderful job and appreciate the upgrades. 

Wow, I think it worked.

Nice to be heard !