Deck is being ignored by material list...

Tdgdesign

Yes I am using X9. If I do a "by area" it gives me something similar to your output but still no finish decking material. If I do a "by room" I get zilch. I'm trying to do a "by room" as this deck is a recent ad on and the rest of my materials for the project have been exported into Excel...

1 hour ago, Tdgdesign said:

Yes I am using X9. If I do a "by area" it gives me something similar to your output but still no finish decking material. If I do a "by room" I get zilch. I'm trying to do a "by room" as this deck is a recent ad on and the rest of my materials for the project have been exported into Excel...

That's cos Room ML only gives you what is inside the Room Polyline ie from the surfaces in......not the structure

STD Area Polyline Works (convert to a ML Polyline) BUT only for the Floor it is drawn on ie floor 1 and you need Floor 0 too, same issue will all Polyline Versions as far as I know.

A restricted Framing Schedule will Work..... but will include ALL decks...so Reassign your Front Entry "Deck" as a Porch maybe?.

image.thumb.png.88db76ca84b75667fab642010abab482.pngimage.thumb.png.0e4848d0af7ad5807e3b1e720da8b71b.png

Actually a Restricted View ( Decks and Walks Only) Full ML seems too work too

image.thumb.png.553ff1ecb01dc8999d9afd52dcf2612f.png

M.

Generate a ML - Calculate From Area and draw a marquee around the deck - don't worry about including house walls and other objects - just make sure you just get the 1 deck.

You should probably get an empty ML.

Whilst in the ML, click on the Display Options tool.

The Material List Display Options dbx will open.

On the Categories panel, you will probably have nothing selected.

Check Decks-Walks (DW) - and anything else you need included (you can change this in Preferences if you want)

The ML list should update with just the Decks-Walks section showing.

I just reread Mick's post and this is what he was saying as well.

You can also control what displays in a ML by using the Mat column in the LDO dbx.

PS. I just noticed that you have Foam Underlay included in the floor finish of you deck at the front door.

Is that correct?