Exposing Wall Framing

NeilofOZ

Have created a large workshop but don't understand how to display and expose the wall framing.

Initially i set the walls up with steel framing when setting my wall type and even change this to fir

framing which is shown in the attached, but all you see is a solid wall of the material pattern.

There are no internal linings required or specified in the Wall Type, so the framing should be exposed

if the framing has dimensions and spacings, even in the Framing Overview, no framing is displayed. 

Regards Neil

Workshop Walls.jpg

18 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Have created a large workshop but don't understand how to display and expose the wall framing.

Initially i set the walls up with steel framing when setting my wall type and even change this to fir

framing which is shown in the attached, but all you see is a solid wall of the material pattern.

There are no internal linings required or specified in the Wall Type, so the framing should be exposed

if the framing has dimensions and spacings, even in the Framing Overview, no framing is displayed. 

Regards Neil

Workshop Walls.jpg

Neil ...by now you should know to post the plan, Eric or someone else would already have posted the Answer by now if you had :)

Trying changing the Framing Material in the Wall Def. back to Metal Stud since that's what you want , then make sure to Build the Framing and make sure Wall Framing is On in all 3d Views.

If that doesn't help it is most likely your Walls main Layer (Framing) is NOT a framing type material.  eg you used Fir set to be a Material with an Area not Framing Type. Most Framing Types have the on Center (OC) measurement in their name eg 16 "OC or 24"OC whether Metal or Wood.

M.

OK, got this sorted out, was nothing that you guys suggested and had already done those things.

I backtracked on where I started and it dawned on me that somewhere along the line, I deleted the 

internal wall surface, thinking it was a lining material and not the framing material, took 30seconds 

by just replacing the walls that I deleted.

It just goes to show, that unless you understand every facet of the programme, it's the little things 

that create issues, another lesson learned today and only 999,999 to go LOL.

Regards to all, Neil.    

Workshop Walls.jpg