Designing a high (interior) wall to meet end of a vaulted ceiling

akabuilder

I'm having a difficult time making a wall meet the heighth  of a vaulted ceiling, the house is a fairly simple structure - rectangle with the vaulted part stretching from north to south, ending at wall in the kitchen (where the appliances) are butted up against. This wall is not the end of the gable roof line; it is about 75% of the length of the house . The ceiling  (which is A shaped )meets at the middle of the gable roof. Bedrooms on the right side with a main wall running directly down middle of house, living and kitchen on the left. Seems like it should be pretty straight forward but I cant make the needed change, I'm ending up with a void at the top of my 9 ft. walls and therefore the sky peeking through!

make sure 'rebuild attic walls' is turned on in general->wall settings. Also, open the dialog box about the wall in question. find the 'baloon through ceiling above' option and check it. then go to the roof tab and make sure the wall type is changed from 'hipped' to 'gable'. this should fix it