Roof not generating

BigKahuna

Ok  I had issues with this plan yesterday on ceiling and floor elevations getting changed magically. I got that figured it out and set roofs to mostly be 12:12 pitch for study and they all generated fine.  I went to reduce pitch to 8 12 and not sure if I made any other changes but nothing I thought would cause problems and then second floor roof wouldn't generate and some first floor roofs getting clipped ??? 

I tried copying first floor over to a new plan, rebuilding a new second floor ( exterior walls) from scratch then copying and pasting windows and interior walls into that and it gets a bit better but still no roof over second floor.  Anyone ever experience this?

First 2 pics are of original plan..third is from new model with rebuilt second floor

Thanks

Missing Roof.jpg

Missing Roofs 2.jpg

Missing Roofs 3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Hi , I just turned Auto Roof Build back on and all seems well to me ?

image.thumb.png.05f085343424005cb97fcf388361b954.pngimage.thumb.png.52be4c7159eba64ced9c92aa93d1ab49.png

Thanks.  I did that...nothing happens.  Out of curiosity could you repost the file you changed?  Maybe it will work ???  

I know I have been having problems with Chief the past month with plans locking up when using libraries and changing materials in a model  perhaps my program is messed up???  No idea. I sent it to a friend yesterday and he had same problem of it not working on those roofs.

Thanks Eric. Lets me know Im not totally crazy.  I haven't yet upgraded and was planning to hold off a bit for final release but may be forced to do so now ?  With upgrade/ renewal of SSA I understand we get updates for 12 months so X12  should be online in that time. I have typically skipped years in upgrades.

16 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

With upgrade/ renewal of SSA I understand we get updates for 12 months

Are you on X10 then? or X7   ( time to edit your Signature )

If X10 then X11 is in your Digital Locker....assuming current SSA till March 15th/30th

Not sure why you quoted me above but didn't say anything?

* ok I see now you typed inside the Quote Box you are on X10 , if  X11 Full comes out you can't use SSA to upgrade , you will need to pay the upgrade price not the SSA Renewal Price...

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

Are you on X10 then? or X7   ( time to edit your Signature )

If X10 then X11 is in your Digital Locker....

Not sure why you quoted me above but didn't say anything?

Yes using X10.  I accidentally added my response in your quote.  

10 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Yes using X10.  I accidentally added my response in your quote.  

Yes I saw thx., see my editing above too

The Version number is your Sig. is important info to have correct...it can completely change the answer to questions, see the blue in mine to fix yours....

5 minutes ago, solver said:

This is a simple roof to do manual. I would not upgrade just for this one project, unless you just want to.

X11 is still beta so if you want X12 too, I'd wait a few months.

Good Point.  I'm not an every day user so I'm not as used to doing manual roofs but in this case that seems to be working and  shouldn't ultimately be  complex roof( I hope). I might hold off that way on X11 a bit longer.  Thanks again to everyone

5 hours ago, javatom said:

If you move the wall on the left side of the stair over 3" (on both levels), the roof will be there.

Tom,  Thank you...That did work...  Agghhhh  All the hassle over that ?  I got a little better at manually editing roof lines in the mean time so there is that!  Appreciate your time and help