Grumpka

Accurate measurements while placing walls

Hello.  I am interested to know if there is a way to assign accurate measurements to walls while they are being placed?  I'm in version x11.  
I was assuming there would be a 'running line'/'running wall' input where you would be prompted for measurements as you moved along vs. have to sketch the wall shapes and go back to adjust measurements.

Thanks,

Steve Grumpka

29 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

2005978298_Drawingwalls.thumb.png.13c26d221d1b71e7ccd1b44ec76bc5ca.png

I suspect that you must actually be working in CA customer service as a tech....  :)    Thank you Chief Beef!  I wonder how long it would have taken me to find that little paragraph in that monster reference guide?  LOL. 

It's an absolute must to have the CA reference manual loaded up. You can use the find/search feature to quickly identify the item you are interested in. It can be a bit like trying to find Waldo but it's in there somewhere.

Worth noting that in the page Mark posted CA makes a comment, paragraph directly to the left of the highlighted one, as to their recommended method. I think you will find that most users are doing it that way versus trying to precisely define each wall as they are drawn. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Grumpka said:

I suspect that you must actually be working in CA customer service as a tech....  :)    Thank you Chief Beef!  I wonder how long it would have taken me to find that little paragraph in that monster reference guide?  LOL. 

NO I do that once per poster as a demo.

How long? bookmarks (walls railings and fences, 1st page hyperlinks drawing walls..

OR Index, W, walls, drawing

.first time maybe 3 minutes maybe.

Alternative is F1, type "drawing walls", click, scroll half way (mine opens to search tab)- 1minute.

• Upvote 1

Downloaded the reference manual.  Didn't see x11 manual, so took the x10 one for now.  Thanks guys.  

I'm comfortable giving measures as I go along.  It's nice to know X11 is flexible and able to do that.   

2 minutes ago, Grumpka said:

Didn't see x11 manua

With 11 open-help, veiw reference manual, once opened download

• Upvote 1

It's humbling coming from a software package you know inside and out, and going to another you know little to nothing about.  :)

53 minutes ago, Grumpka said:

It's humbling coming from a software package you know inside and out, and going to another you know little to nothing about.  :)

Get used to hitting F1 when you have a DBX open, I still use it all the time to confirm things (and remind myself there is 1500 pages of Docs! ), it will open to the built in Help Context sensitive Information for that DBX   (forum shorthand for dialog box).

It is really just the Ref. Manual in another Form ....

The Tutorial Guide is also quite well done these Days......

M.

• Upvote 1

A few additional tips on using the Help files:

• Click on the little Help button while you're inside a specific dialog box and you will be taken straight to the section regarding that specific dialog.
  • Click Help while you have an OBJECT selected and you will be taken to what Chief feels is the most relevant topic regarding editing that specific object type.
  • Click on Help while a specific TOOL is activated and Chief and you will be taken directly to what Chief feels is the most relevant topic for teaching you how to use that specific tool.

6 hours ago, Grumpka said:

Hello.  I am interested to know if there is a way to assign accurate measurements to walls while they are being placed?  I'm in version x11.  
I was assuming there would be a 'running line'/'running wall' input where you would be prompted for measurements as you moved along vs. have to sketch the wall shapes and go back to adjust measurements.

Getting close and then adjusting dimensions will be WAY faster and more accurate. As soon as you turn a corner in your input, you can't easily tell what's actually being measured.