Front Porch Headaches

dnpayne

Ya I don't see any problems here. Your question needs to be a little more specific.

Both of you pretty much got what I was trying to do. I couldn't figure out why I was having those weird side walls for the roof. Did you all just build a roof plane and it fixed it? Did you have to size up those two side walls showing on my original screenshot? I'm assuming I can go in and change the posts to a different style right?

If the porch (or whatever you named it with) has "Ceilng over this room" checked in the Room Specification Dialog box - Structure Tab then the attic walls should automatically appear but if you have no ceiling checked then no attic walls would automatically appear and would have to be manually drawn on the floor above the porch-deck or whatever you named it.

If you use the name "Deck" it will by default have no ceiling as part of the default programming attached to the attributes of a "Deck" room. it is up to you to control and guide the software to a desired result and often times you just have to learn how to do that as you go from the reference manual and other sources.

DJP

Let me check this when I get back home. I have ceiling over this room checked and it's actually showing the ceiling in the thumbnail. I manually put a roof plan over it, so I'm wondering if that's why it didn't auto generate the sides. I couldn't figure out how to auto generate the whole roof and get the pitch changed.