nVisionTEKBIM

Double Plan Note Issue

Has anyone had much experience with the x11 plan notes? I've been messing with them today and learned how they work. I'm having an issue on my section views, with having double numbers in the bubbles. I have the schedule set to group similar items, and have different note types from the floor plan, elevations, ect.

Double Notes.JPG

It would appear as you have two schedules reading the same callouts ( Notes )

The Note type needs to match what you have selected for the Schedule to Include.

I think Chopsaw is correct , you usually see this when you have two identical Schedules in a plan, and you see two Callouts on the Doors or Windows etc, for eg 1 in Plan and 1 in a CAD Detail , schedules remain "live"  if placed in a CAD Detail ( will be Static (dumb) if you use a CAD Detail from View of in Plan Schedule )

M.

Yes, that is correct. I had double plan notes. I also just discovered using a fresh CAD detail view to place each schedule. I was placing all my schedules in my plan views and was getting really annoyed haha. I'm a Chief newbie. Thanks everyone for your help, as always!

Now if Chief could just allow the option to show select multiple levels in the note schedule, that would be great. On my current project, which is a small narrow home, I have the foundation/1st floor on 1 sheet, and 2nd/3rd floor on another. So I had to use 2 schedules per sheet. Anyone else have a better way of doing that? In Revit you have the option of showing keynotes by sheet, or keynotes by number. Also, does anyone have a method of setting up your template with notes already populated by putting info into the object properties? I'd like to go around placing keynotes on new projects with less repeat typing. In Revit you can do this by designating each item or material with a keynote.

9 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

I also just discovered using a fresh CAD detail view to place each schedule.

Set it up in your Template Plan and it is forever more "done".... and ready as you work.....

AFAIK you can show any Floor, which is maybe how you got the two callouts originally? ie you tried one for the 1st Floor and one for the Second?

I will have to let others Comment on this as I haven't used it enough yet as I am still doing most "work" in X10.

M.

I haven't gotten to far into notes yet but as I understand it you can set your schedule up to show multiple floors as well as garage in the same schedule.

Have a great week,Ken

19 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Set it up in your Template Plan and it is forever more "done".... and ready as you work.....

Awesome to know! I suppose I could do the same with typical plan notes? In Revit I group a note that is repeated on multiple pages, so they all update. So in Chief I could have a CAD detail for each typical plan note (you know, text of general notes), and copy this to each sheet. Then they all update. Correct?

19 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

Awesome to know! I suppose I could do the same with typical plan notes? In Revit I group a note that is repeated on multiple pages, so they all update. So in Chief I could have a CAD detail for each typical plan note (you know, text of general notes), and copy this to each sheet. Then they all update. Correct?

You can also Set a Schedule once setup as you like it as a "default" (wrench icon with red+) so it is not only remembered but can be Imported with all the other Defaults into other plans if needed.

A normal Text Macro works that Way , ie update it in the TMM and all instances in the Plan Update , however I am not sure about Plan Notes working the same way, I haven't worked with large number of notes to advise on that yet, but I think we can with the PR version of X11 now, save Notes to the Library as well.

M.