Placing cabinet doors in plan as a fixture problem

tommy1

I have a girl who started having problems today trying to select a cabinet door from the library and placing it in the plan as a fixture. It worked fine for her until today. She can't do this in any of her plans. She sent me one of her plans and I don't have a problem doing it. Does anyone know if there is a setting she accidently changed to keep her from doing this? I had her try to reset toolbars and reset options in preferences. No luck. Hopefully there's a setting that got messed up. The only other thing I would know to tell her would be to reinstall Chief. I know I wouldn't want to do that myself but... is it possible to do a repair in the program? She called tech support and she said they were scratching their head so they sent her a plan with the door she wanted and she copied and pasted it into her plan to use. Hopefully someone has run into this problem and knows how to fix it.

Thank you,

Edit>Preferences>Reset Message Boxes.  This is the only thing I can think of that might cause this.  There is a pop-up box you get when trying to place a cabinet door in the plan and if she clicked Remember My Choice and then No.  She could end up in that scenario.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Thanks Michael. I gave you a point for that. To be honest, I probably should have known that. Brain dead.

You're more than welcome.  It's a pretty unusual scenario.  Most of those pop-up messages are session specific.  That particular one is semi-permanent and caries through to future sessions. 

16 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Most of those pop-up messages are session specific. 

That's what I thought.....good to know it's not ALL.

as far as future sessions , did you mean in the Same plan , ie like a Plan Default , or does it become a "Library Default" so it applies to All Plans?  that's a dangerous setting then , surprised I haven't seen this reported before.

M.