Linking Callouts to a sheet

ACADuser

In plan view, I have several "Backclipped Cross Section" cameras & sent them to a layout.

In a building elevation view I wanted to show these as well so I added several corresponding Callouts.

Is there any way to link the sheet # to the callouts so they will update when adding or deleting a sheet?

CA Callouts.JPG

Thanks for the replies.

The details are on sheet A-16. So if I placed a text macro in layout sheet A-16 that referenced the sheet # it would update if the sheet became A-17.

But how to link those call outs back to the text macro on the sheet that now shows A-17?

I think what you are asking for is still a feature request at this stage Alan.

You can partially automate by using the %layout.label% macro but that is if the callout is actually on the layout page.

The Callout Label ( camera number ) is still manual though.

3 hours ago, ACADuser said:

I want to drop "sheet marker" on say A-17 and then use a macro placed in the Callout that would display that sheet number.

I hope I am not repeating myself but when you word it that way we have that ability.  It just does not work if you want the callout in plan view as it appears to be in your example and then send it to layout.

The "sheet marker" would be when you enter A-17 for the Label of the Layout Page Information. Or A-# would make it auto indexing.

I don't think I'm making myself clear.

In plan you create a "Back clipped camera view". You sent to sheet A-16 and the Camera in plan shows the A-16 reference.
Then in A-15 you have sent elevation camera of the front elevation. You open the front view and you add a callout in the same location as the section view that you have in plan view.
This callout needs to reference sheet A-16  where the cross-section view is. So the "A-16" is automatically updated in the plan view cross-section Camey's display callout id the sheet number changes.
I want the callout displayed in the front view elevation to change from A-16 to the new sheet number.
If you have some sort of "Marker" like a text object that holds the sheet number placed in that A-16 sheet.
Then a macro that reads the marker for that "A-16" sheet label so the callout will update.

CA pointer.JPG

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Alan take a quick look at this and see if you think it is workable.

Camera Callout test.zip

Well, aren't you clever.

Thinking inside the box, Layout box that is.

That will do for now. Thank you for the suggestion.

I suppose there is no way a macro can keep track of a Layout Label while not residing in that layout?

1 minute ago, ACADuser said:

I suppose there is no way a macro can keep track of a Layout Label while not residing in that layout?

It can, but its a very complex system to keep track of and manage.  I would recommend you just stick with Chop's suggested method for now.

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not bad Chop.

Thanks Michael.

4 hours ago, ACADuser said:

That will do for now. Thank you for the suggestion.

You are welcome Alan.  Not a perfect solution but at least it lets chief know that it is something that will get used when they provide a better one.

Just to be clear you are keeping track of the sheet/layout Label & not the details on it.

When you add your details to that layout you would also add an object that passes the layout label to the callout in the elevation view.

Yes just taking advantage of the built in function of the section camera that reads the layout label and sending a copy to layout to give that secondary reference in the elevation view.  A functional indirect link.  Move the section to page 4 and it will respond properly.