Ceiling heights changed without my knowing

BigKahuna

Ok  I have a plan I laid out first floor exterior walls. set floor height at 9' then laid out interior walls and things were fine.  I added 2nd floor at 8 '  and laid out interior walls as well and thought I was fine. Doing overview I see my model has one room higher( the correct 8 ft clg and al others about a foot lower even though dbx says 8 feet for all rooms. I saw another thread about this and HumbleChief posted a video of how to be sure all rooms on the floor were matching using match properties...starting on second floor. I did that and second floor all works out but it moved a bunch of windows, a part of floor and stairs moved up to the second floor ????  Now all kinds of things are messed up?  How can this happen on this program after X10.... Including a few pics 

Exterior 1.jpg

exterior revised.jpg

I opened your plan.  The rooms on the second floor that are misbehaving simply do not have the default ceiling height "checked" in the structure tab of the room dialogue box.

Check the default for ceiling height for each is the long way to correct it.

Quicker would be to select the one room that is at the proper default ceiling elevation and use the "match properties" tool to set all the other rooms to that correct height.

• Like 1

Michael,  Thanks I changed the rooms individually back top defaults ( although I never changed them to begin with. I had the exterior walls completed and set room height at 8 ft before I ever added interior walls.) I tried using the match properties command as you had suggested and that worked but a bunch of windows, stairs and a floor moved up to the second floor  as shown in the one picture so I didn't know what to try.

Solver,  Thanks for the tip. That's one I haven't seen / used before...  I used the tip above and that seems to have worked byut will keep that in mind for future !  Appreciate you guys taking some time to help

12 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

I always forget about this one!

That is definitely the best way to do this sort of thing.

Did that come in with X10 or earlier?

I had a problem Plan on the Weekend from a Client with HD Pro with these same issues and Reset to Defaults DID NOT work.....I thought it was going to be the easy fix but no, I ended up doing the Match Properties Roundabout on each level, several times with 6-8 cross sections open so I could tab through them, and all was finally well.