Sign in every visit

Mark3D

I posted in another thread about this, but, if you clear cookies when you close your browser you will need to sign in. If you use a different computer or different browser you will need to sign in.

Test closing your browser and re-opening, if you have to sign in it's in your browser settings.

I just ran into this on the laptop. Firefox- Did not clear cookies, if and when I do that it is selective, but have not  done that. Did not sign out. Had not had to log in for several days but for the last few had primarily been reading from my phone (where I have not had to sing in again). Thought maybe forum was open in the phone but no it was not. Signed in with no problem.

Is there a "time out"? Most of the sites I have to log in are secure and those require sign in each time.

Interesting discussion....... I hardly ever turn off my computer (whether that's good or bad), except when I do a "system scan" using Advance Systems Care (two or three times a month). I just did one, then restarted my computer, just to "clear" my computer's "mind" of anything else that crops up from leaving it on all the time. After startup, I opened IE and went to Chieftalk by doing a search on IE for Chieftalk. When the page opened up I was already logged in. Is this good or not? I'm as far away from being any kind of "computer techy" or understand the "workings" of a computer as an ax is to a tree hugger (excuse the expression). From what this thread is discussing, my computer shouldn't be working this way. Am I blessed or otherwise? As far as I know I've never done any kind of setup to make this happen.