X11 PBR & standard dark

Kduke11

24 minutes ago, Kduke11 said:

When I turn shadows on when doing an interior 3D view the image gets dar

You could turn up exposure, also PBR isn't a miracle worker, you have a room with zero direct light, it's going to be pretty dark..try taking a picture with a late model iPhone and no flash and it would look about the same

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

You could turn up exposure, also PBR isn't a miracle worker, you have a room with zero direct light, it's going to be pretty dark..try taking a picture with a late model iPhone and no flash and it would look about the same

X10 did 't do this. It added a light source in the room. BTW just watched and looked over some of your videos. Great work!!!

Just opened an old drawing in X10 and X11 standard and PBR both look the same. It must be something in this new drawing that was started in X11.2019-03-03_2127.thumb.png.d980cb9e2dcffe8d95e251f462121979.png

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

Cheers and thanks, I'm not sure, you may be correct, I always have user added lighting systems as I am usually creating con docs...not sure the current state of the generate light

During prelim we don't add lights and never an issue. I don't recall it being an issue during testing of X11. Well it's random... Just opened another X10 file it worked fine in one room then went to another and wont work in it. No clue I'll call Chief tomorrow or send it in as a bug. This is not good.

12 hours ago, Kduke11 said:

During prelim we don't add lights and never an issue. I don't recall it being an issue during testing of X11. Well it's random... Just opened another X10 file it worked fine in one room then went to another and wont work in it. No clue I'll call Chief tomorrow or send it in as a bug. This is not good.

It can be helpful to save a polyline region set to use recessed lights to your library and then pin it to your toolbar. The poly region just distributes Recessed lights quickly without hassle, takes 2 seconds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

It can be helpful to save a polyline region set to use recessed lights to your library and then pin it to your toolbar. The poly region just distributes Recessed lights quickly without hassle, takes 2 seconds

Yes for the time being I might do that. 2 maybe 3 lights would do the trick. Thanks!!

15 hours ago, Kduke11 said:

Something with the drawing I guess it wants to work some times and then it doesn't. Here is a living room picture taken with standard view and then I just tried another living room pic and no light source.

1757846939_PachutaResidencealiving1Nolightsource.thumb.jpg.0dedf40b72e691d4c452726fa093b46a.jpg

876504594_PachutaResidencealiving1.thumb.jpg.9feaa49d518da2c20abf89223a130a07.jpg

If you don't add lighting Chief will add one to the Room the Camera is in , which can have issues in alot of current designs being that everything is Open plan now , cos you can view stuff one or two "Rooms" away  eg family into Kitchen etc if it is just spilt up with invisible walls or you are standing in a Hall looking into a Bathroom.

I normally set both Ambients at 50-55% (and nightime at 6-8%) which can help , as I don't do lighting early either.....

For PBR try .4 exp. and 100% brightness.

M.

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

If you don't add lighting Chief will add one to the Room the Camera is in , which can have issues in alot of current designs being that everything is Open plan now , cos you can view stuff one or two "Rooms" away  eg family into Kitchen etc if it is just spilt up with invisible walls or you are standing in a Hall looking into a Bathroom.

I normally set both Ambients at 50-55% (and nightime at 6-8%) which can help , as I don't do lighting early either.....

For PBR try .4 exp. and 100% brightness.

M.

Yeah this is room specific and the light source is not working. But as mentioned it's random. F5 refresh does nothing. Using Rene work around for now until Chief gets this straight.

What do you mean by both ambient's?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Kduke11 said:

Yeah this is room specific and the light source is not working. But as mentioned it's random. F5 refresh does nothing. Using Rene work around for now until Chief gets this straight.

What do you mean by both ambient's?

Thanks

Try F12 too.... save the camera when it is good and reuse.... don't open a new one...may help?

Daylight and Interior in the Camera Defaults....

M.

• Like 1

This has been reported. I've figured the issue out but it does need to be fixed. I block things together like a toilet, exhaust/light, and upper cabinet to save time. If I have light fixtures in another room it should not effect the faux generated light in a room with out light fixtures. It does this even as a block or exploded block. 

2019-03-06_1332.png

2019-03-06_1333.png

2 hours ago, Kduke11 said:

This has been reported. I've figured the issue out but it does need to be fixed. I block things together like a toilet, exhaust/light, and upper cabinet to save time. If I have light fixtures in another room it should not effect the faux generated light in a room with out light fixtures. It does this even as a block or exploded block. 

2019-03-06_1332.png

2019-03-06_1333.png

I may misunderstand but the Light Source in the Dark View is in another Room so I am not surprised it is dark.... normally I drop one right behind the Camera so it isn't seen, if the Auto 3D is badly placed ie in the view.

M.

This has been reported

25 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

normally I drop one right behind the Camera

Just wanted to chime in and say that this is NOT an issue.

This is HOW PBR works- it requires light sources, nothing will ever look accurate in PBR without proper lighting. This defeats the whole purpose of PBR.

Most if not all other rendering software's require user added lights. without light there is no physics sort to speak.

I see no point in using PBR with fake generated point lights. put a light in the room, no major living spaces have 0 lights- takes two seconds.

You'd spend way longer trying to figure out settings just to find that you will have to modify all settings again once you've added lights

2019-03-06_1332.png

2019-03-06_1333.png

I have encountered this situation before. Architectural Blocked items seem to screw up PBR lighting for some unknown reason. When you unblock them things work as they should.

2 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I have encountered this situation before. Architectural Blocked items seem to screw up PBR lighting for some unknown reason. When you unblock them things work as they should.

My guess would be that the "PBR Light Engine" either doesn't "see" ARCH Blocks or it doesn't know how to handle them , especially when they are disparate Items like a Toilet, an Exhaust fan and and Upper cabinet in this example.

Which one's properties would it use?  perhaps none? if it has no clue?

M.

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

My guess would be that the "PBR Light Engine" either doesn't "see" ARCH Blocks or it doesn't know how to handle them , especially when they are disparate Items like a Toilet, an Exhaust fan and and Upper cabinet in this example.

Which one's properties would it use?  perhaps none? if it has no clue?

M.

It seems strange as each item within an Architectural block retains all of it's attributes and you can access them within the block by tabbing the item, no need to unblock. Maybe for PBR'ing they would need to unblock it to get the data and then re-block it.