nVisionTEKBIM

Section Print Issue

Does anyone have a clue why Chief is printing my section sheets with the Automatic CAD details off from the actual building? See the attached image. I tried printing from my PDF software, as well as the Chief PDF maker. Seems very weird. The views are live views that are auto updated.

Section Print Issue.JPG

Dustin check this one out and see if you see the similarities.  Please be sure to send it in to tech even if you find a temporary workaround.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that link, Chopsaw. I will try those options tomorrow morning and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'll contact support.

I'm just hesitant to use plot lines over live views because I'm worried my drawing sheets will get out of sync easily. On small projects it shouldn't be so bad, but I know on large complex homes you may have customers or builders complaining about incorrect drawings as a result of your sheets being out of sync.

Yes that needs to be one of the things on your final checklist when using plot lines but you can also use it to your advantage by strategically not updating if there is something that warrants it.

• Upvote 1

Problem is fixed in Beta X11, change your view to layout as a "Vector" view and it will behave.

I solved this by using technical illustration and changing the cool color to white, so it all shows like plot lines. I think I'll keep it this way until the end then maybe switch to plot lines so I can manipulate the lines better to clean things up.

Thanks for everyone's help!