nVisionTEKBIM

Electrical Legend Row Height Help

Hi all, I want to resize the row heights of my electrical legend. I have the images scaled to the view (1/4"), but the row height stays the same. Seems pretty unpractical this way. I want smaller row heights so I can use this in place of the Electrical Legend.

If this isn't possible, can someone explain how I can add additional 2D symbols to the electrical legend, since they don't show all that I'm using?

Electrical Legend.JPG

Dustin it appears that you need to squeeze the Symbol column and make it narrower which will reduce the row height of the rest of the schedule.  It might make sense to go back to unscaled once you do that.  It appears that you do not have a 2D cad block assigned to that Rope light.  Do that in the symbol DBX...   Auto generate or draw and cad block your own and it will show in the list so you can select it.

15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Dustin it appears that you need to squeeze the Symbol column and make it narrower which will reduce the row height of the rest of the schedule.  It might make sens to go back to unscaled once you do that.  It appears that you do not have a 2D cad block assigned to that Rope light.  Do that in the symbol DBX...   Auto generate or draw and cad block your own and it will show in the list so you can select it.

Thanks Chopsaw. I tried doing that to the schedule, but it still keeps the row height too large. It would be fantastic to use an electrical schedule with images (at the right size to fit properly on the drawing sheet), instead of having to update a 2D legend. Although, I haven't seen an example of this from anywhere yet.

I'm fairly new in Chief, so I apologise if I'm missing anything.

If you select the schedule there will be a diamond handle at the very top of each column on each side in the header row.  The problem is your fan is likely about 48" and the other items are more like 4-12" so grab that handle and squeeze the column in the horizontal direction until the fan is about the same size as the other items and then the text will be much happier and cozy.  Set it back to unscaled or the others will be too small.

12 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Dustin it appears that you need to squeeze the Symbol column and make it narrower which will reduce the row height of the rest of the schedule.  It might make sens to go back to unscaled once you do that.  It appears that you do not have a 2D cad block assigned to that Rope light.  Do that in the symbol DBX...   Auto generate or draw and cad block your own and it will show in the list so you can select it.

I got the schedule good, but trying to assign a 2D cad block is not working well. The rope light doesn't have the same symbol DBX as a regular light. Only the symbol specification dbx. I assigned a block, and then have to place that 2D block on the plan in order for the 2D image to show in the schedule. If I delete the 2D block from the plan, then the 2D image also gets deleted from the schedule. 

Rope Light.JPG

Wow that is odd.  Not really sure why they changed the rules.

For now maybe use the rope light dbx to set it up just the way you need it then convert to light symbol. Create the cad block with a cad detail from view and assign it to your custom symbol and save in your library so you don't have to go through that again.

I wonder if that was another oversight or maybe there is some special reason why it works that way.

Rope lighting is pretty different than the other electrical lights.  It's not a symbol and it doesn't have a cad block assigned to it.  It's really more like a molding polyline with a light source distributed along the same path. Since it doesn't act like the other electrical objects, the schedule doesn't know how to draw the preview.  Regardless, since they are brand new in X11 and we are still in beta, you should make sure you report any problems that you find to our tech support team.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:46 AM, Dermot said:

Rope lighting is pretty different than the other electrical lights.  It's not a symbol and it doesn't have a cad block assigned to it.  It's really more like a molding polyline with a light source distributed along the same path. Since it doesn't act like the other electrical objects, the schedule doesn't know how to draw the preview.  Regardless, since they are brand new in X11 and we are still in beta, you should make sure you report any problems that you find to our tech support team.

Hi Dermot, thanks for your response. I'm a novice user of Chief so I wasn't sure if I was missing something. Anyways, would this be considered reported already, or do I need to submit an official support ticket?

Please be sure to always send in your own reports.  When I post comments on Chieftalk I am often away from work where I don't have any access to our internal tools.  In many cases, problems reported by customers are actually given a higher priority then things reported by internal people.  Also, tech support may need to follow up with you if they need more information including things such as plans, steps to reproduce the problem, or system information.