Glittery ray traces

DesignerMissy

For the life of me I cannot figure out why my rat traces end up with a glittery effect. I’ve been using chief for two years now and have tried every combination of settings it seems and I can hardly ever get it right. I feel like maybe it has something to do with lighting... but just can’t figure it out. Photo attached is after like 30 passes. 

683A4E74-6C22-4A82-B668-B4EEB522BECB.jpeg

Mind sharing your plan file with your settings saved for tracing. Try unchecking compute caustics? try turning up ambient light... try letting it run for 100 passes....there are a great number of things that can cause noise in a ray trace.

From the pic you posted it looks as if you have a number of light/lighting related issues. I see signs of light bleed up around the ceiling crown and also near the floor by the leg of the sofa. Make sure to have a roof on your structure and a foundation with a floor to help prevent this. Too high a sun setting can also contribute to light bleed as can environmental lighting.

These problems can also occur when you have too many polished or highly reflective surfaces and your lights are either way too intense or not properly balanced.

Posting the plan would likely lead to a much quicker solution to your dilemma.