Replicate Picture for Ceiling Bracing Gable Endwall

DARYL178

An action from the inspector was to add gable endwall bracing to my plan. The choices I think I have are:

1. Import an image.

• I would like to convert the attached image to a CAD block so that I can add more lateral bracing.

2. Create a lot of CAD lines.

• Extremely painful
  • Is there a way to copy a number of trusses and the end wall and then convert into CAD objects?
  • Are there CAD blocks of linear lumber already out there?

3. Create a text block

• Easy to do; but seems counter-intuitive when you are creating 3D views of your plan.

I know this is a common detail to add; so I know I am missing something. 

CeilingBracingGableEndwall.png

2 hours ago, DARYL178 said:

An action from the inspector was to add gable endwall bracing to my plan. The choices I think I have are:

1. Import an image.

• I would like to convert the attached image to a CAD block so that I can add more lateral bracing.

2. Create a lot of CAD lines.

• Extremely painful
  • Is there a way to copy a number of trusses and the end wall and then convert into CAD objects?
  • Are there CAD blocks of linear lumber already out there?

3. Create a text block

• Easy to do; but seems counter-intuitive when you are creating 3D views of your plan.

I know this is a common detail to add; so I know I am missing something. 

CeilingBracingGableEndwall.png

I would (and have) import the image in to Chief in to a CAD detail window or in to a plan file and simply draw stuff on top of it. You can create solid white boxes to hide details you don't want and draw lines and text in the place you do...then send the CAD detail or plan to Layout or wherever it suits your intent the best...

This would actually be pretty easy to replicate by modeling in plan view with general framing members and 3D molding polylines. Then take a orthographic 3D camera view and position it to capture the same shot as the image you attached. You can then use the create detail from view tool in this camera view which will give you a 2d cad view just like you have. This is where you would add notes and such.