Fill Pattern

builtright3

I think you'll have to be A LOT more specific.  Are you talking about a plan view fill, or a 3D view pattern?  What type of object is the pattern or fill being used on?  And what is your reasoning for needing it in one view and not another?  Are we talking about using for an exported image or for use in layout?

There are about 10 different solutions that come to mind depending on the specifics that involve using any combination of layers, layer sets, the Use Layer Color setting, using a more appropriate object, using Plot Line settings, using multiple views, or simply using Toggle Patterns amongst other things. 

Yes, of course. Sorry for not being more clear.

I would like to have these two views for the same plan. One for roof view and one for my framing but on the framing I don't want the fill pattern to show up. I would typically outline the roof with a poly-line and then put the fill pattern in to accomplish this.

My question is;

Is there a way to just fill the roof planes like I did in this drawing and have another plan view that doesn't have the fill pattern in it? When I create a different plan view just for framing and I delete the fill it also deletes it in my roof view. I was wondering if there is a layer for the fill pattern or do I just have to outline it like I usually do and make a layer for it myself?

Even when you do a hatch fill in a room you can't shut it off in other views as far as I know unless I create it myself with a poly-line union.

I hope this makes sense

Capture1.thumb.PNG.9c32bbd656600319c3ce6ef3ac20905f.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.d50e605e54c22575bc6df71df69de6dd.PNG

Use the Reference Display.  Turn OFF the roof planes in your current view, set the reference floor to the same floor, and then use a reference layer set with only the roof planes turned on.  As long as you have "Details" (Use Object Settings) UNchecked, the fill style will not display in the reference display.

• Like 1