Layout & linked plan file

George

I don't think so.  If I understand what you want to do? I usually open the layout then select the floor plan in layout which should open the link plan file.  Then with both open, Save the open plan with a new .plan name, copy the name, then save the layout as .layout with the new plan name. Example gardenhouse.layout open select floor plan, click on it, then gardenhouse.plan opens. Now save gardenhouse.plan as maybe? gardenhouse2.plan, save the layout as gardenhouse2.layout.

Is that what you are trying to achieve? More trouble than re-linking?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, Evolution said:

I don't think so.  If I understand what you want to do? I usually open the layout then select the floor plan in layout which should open the link plan file.  Then with both open, Save the open plan with a new .plan name, copy the name, then save the layout as .layout with the new plan name. Example gardenhouse.layout open select floor plan, click on it, then gardenhouse.plan opens. Now save gardenhouse.plan as maybe? gardenhouse2.plan, save the layout as gardenhouse2.layout.

Is that what you are trying to achieve? More trouble than re-linking?

After searching for information, I found your reply and I might need to use your suggestion on how to link an old layout to a plan and save them. I asked the question on the 11th of Dec 2023.

Thanks. 

Many ways to skin a cat....

I do this to manually archive my CA editing progress.

123_house_01.plan
123_house_01.layout - linked to 123_house_01.plan

I copy both the above .plan file and the .layout file as follows:

123_house_02.plan
123_house_02.layout - linked to 123_house_01.plan

I then open 123_house_02.layout and manually link it to 123_house_02.plan.

Really, the only thing I need to do manually is link the new .layout file to the new .plan file. I have a Windows Powershell script to automate the copy of the files.