How do I angle my Stairs to match angle of Deck Edge?

JOE-OBRNC

FourmPost2.thumb.PNG.09b4c1a994c2038d8cd4900287166b84.PNG

I am designing a small deck at a non-standard angle because we are limited by the property setbacks. I need the stairs to run at an angle on each end shown by the red lines I drew in. What is the best way to do this? The flare and curved starter options do not extended far enough and no other option I have found allows me to move the stairs in this way.

Did this in X11-bunch of landings, railing to follow stairs. PIA getting the right heights. Made one, multiple copy, heights are off/ Copy top one landing, delete, draw stair one step from top-heights correct themselves, paste back top landing and manually adjust height, delete stair. Draw railing in middle of stairs not quite to bottom, set to follow stairs, move, adjust, copy paste to other side.

Railing off angle.png

40 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

You can use an invisible wall on each side of the stairs and check the wonders box. The stairs will follow the invisible walls however you place them

Ding ding ding.....I think we have a winner .......I think you meant Winders though, I sometimes wish there was a Wonders checkbox though :)

*** you need to enclose the stairs though and get room definition, not just each side....

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, solver said:

First thing I tried and could not make it work. 

Anyone want to show it working?

I didnt try the OP's setup, true.... but had this one...... winders is set at 48" but I didn't test further...... usually i just go double plus some, from the width.

image.thumb.png.f3875a67f9473684374346f8fa6f9f05.png

***edit:   It does work , just tried it on the other end of the Deck above.....didn't need to alter default winder contraction even

make sure you have ROOM Definition.....or winders don't work.  ie you need to enclose the stairs actually...just just an invisible wall each side...see pics

image.thumb.png.7f1ee81c1894ed2e009e3d48c6f89fcb.png