Designer100

I have a small remodeling porch addition. I cannot get a roof to work out hip 3 9/16 slope on each side,  into existing 7:12 roof. we replaced 3050 window with 3040 window with shed roof slopeing up to below window btm trim. is this even going to work. They do not want the main new roof to be a shed. there would proably have to be some crickets tieing the 3 differend pitches together to get water out. 

Can this be done that the client and contractor wants.? rendering 1 and rendering 2 is how I done it first by client does not want two shed roofs! this small job is eating my lunch. Just shed going up under window 

"Any help would be appreciated."

Newell Cheatheam

newell@newellcheatheam.com

Chief x11

Ruston RidgeDr Porch2.plan

thumbnail_IMG_4121.jpg

roof issue 1.jpg

roof issue 2.jpg

1st floor roof .jpg

Rendering 1.jpg

Rendering 2.jpg

Newell, if that window is for a bedroom, be sure the new shorter window will meet egress (5.7' sq. ft. clear opening). You might have to go with a casement window. The window will have to be 24" min. AFF and not more than 44" AFF. Usually when I see a window well, it's because they needed it for the window size to meet egress at the right height off the floor. Just something to keep in mind.