Independent stair specifications?

MaxStudio

I've tried the above and it brings me to the same dialog box which affects both portions of the stair.  It seems the only thing I have independent control over are the risers/rise/tread info in the general tab (see photo). Are all other attributes seem to treat the stair as one object.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 10.52.06 AM.png

I've tried the above and it brings me to the same dialog box which affects both portions of the stair.  

I think you did it wrong.  I can tell because the stair dialog is still showing you both sections.  You should only see the section you want as shown in Eric's picture below yours. 

All you need to do is hold the shift or control key down when you click on the stair you want to modify.  It should look like the picture below.  This puts in you in group select mode.  When you are in group select mode, the stair dialog will allow you to modify just the stair sections you selected and it won't automatically adjust all of the other connected sections to match.  

Another technique that works is to simply disconnect the stair from the landing by pulling it away.  Open the specification dialog and make the changes you want and then reconnect the stair to the landing.

single stair selected.png