Editing how a 3D Symbol Displays in 2D

SawyerCD

Good Morning Chief Architect pros! I've got a quick question about how 3D symbols display in 2D. As you can see in the below image the symbol for the shower in the bathroom shows the shower with a door on it. At our company we do not show doors on showers on our prints. It's a long story but it's very important that we do not show the shower doors. I've tried editing the 2D symbol without any success at removing the door. Does anyone know of a way to edit the 2D/3D symbols so my prints do not show the shower doors? Also, does anyone know of a way to insert a CAD detail and link it to a 3D item so it displays as the 2d representation of the 3d item? 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

image.png

1 hour ago, SawyerCD said:

Good Morning Chief Architect pros! I've got a quick question about how 3D symbols display in 2D. As you can see in the below image the symbol for the shower in the bathroom shows the shower with a door on it. At our company we do not show doors on showers on our prints. It's a long story but it's very important that we do not show the shower doors. I've tried editing the 2D symbol without any success at removing the door. Does anyone know of a way to edit the 2D/3D symbols so my prints do not show the shower doors? Also, does anyone know of a way to insert a CAD detail and link it to a 3D item so it displays as the 2d representation of the 3d item? 

image.png

That appears to be a Shower Bathtub Combo*** , is that what you want in the design ? or just a Shower ...in which case use a Shower Pan (Tray)

The Kohler Library has stuff too , if it is available for X9?

*** Ok now I see it is a Rectangular Shower , though I haven't used one in Years , always use a Shower Pan.....

2 hours ago, SawyerCD said:

image.png

Since I had X9 Open I changed the Rect. Shower so it doesn't have Doors , which fixed the 2D display too....

image.thumb.png.49a66b6a327e808038eb50296b1a39fd.pngimage.thumb.png.d6531d3229ab9d932fb1d9234bdec7a3.png

Converted in X9 :                

MHD_Rect.Shower-No Doors.calibz

M.