X11: Cabinet doors / drawers

RolandF

I've just been going through some default template updates with X11, and noticed that I'm having issues changing base cabinet door styles.  Full-height cabinets work fine.  Has anyone else run into this?

Changing base cabinet drawers seems to work ok (though there does seem to be an issue with texture mapping / wood grain direction not working correctly on library drawers), but no matter what I do with the base cabinet door styles, they don't change.  Selecting door fronts from the library, or the default drop-down slab or framed styles makes no difference either... the doors still display as my original template default raised panel doors.

Thanks,

Roland

Update/Workaround:  I've discovered that rather than using the cabinet dialog, if I select a cabinet door using the library browser, then use the 'item replacer', the door will change just fine.  Odd.

1 hour ago, RolandF said:

I've just been going through some default template updates with X11, and noticed that I'm having issues changing base cabinet door styles. 

Just tested this since I had not noticed anything previously. I'm not having any issues- tried base cabinets changing door and drawer  in the "door drawer tab, from specify for individual door, in the default settings; tried every possibility. Then also tried materials. The only issue was with one drawer front (that I never use just selected at random) where grain was incorrect but I believe that is an issue with the symbol itself.

Bottom line-contact support and send them a plan where you have an issue.

cabinets.png

• Upvote 1

I've been doing some more playing around with it, and it appears it's a side effect of using a migrated X10 template plan.  If I use a standard built-in X11 template, the issue doesn't appear... cabinet doors work just fine from within the door/drawer tab on a new template.

I know Chief recommends recreating templates with new versions rather than use migrated ones, but this is the first time I've run into a problem with it.  Should have checked that first.

Thanks Mark... appreciate you taking a look into it for me.

Roland

40 minutes ago, RolandF said:

I've been doing some more playing around with it, and it appears it's a side effect of using a migrated X10 template plan.

I'd still send it in or otherwise get in touch with support. I've had plenty of plans I tested from 9 and 10. Just migrated 2 templates, one from 9 and one from 10, to 11. The did plans in 11 from those tempates, still no problem (though did find another drawer head where the grain goes wrong but again that is likely a symbol since I never get that with my own drawer symbols unless I mess up making it)

Can you determine how old that template is? may be from before X9?

My best guess is that your problem has to do with whether you are trying to change the door style for the whole cabinet or a specific door style for a cabinet face item.

Changing the door style for the cabinet will not alter the door style for a particular face item if it has already been modified to a different door style.  It works very similar to dynamic defaults but on a per cabinet basis.

If you posted the plan, then someone could probably give you a more accurate answer without having to make guesses.