Bonus Room Ceiling Heights

CalebDBCH

Good morning! I need help please!! I am working on a bonus room built in attic trusses above a garage. However, I cannot get my 2x12 top cord to plane to the bearing wall below, which is causing my ceiling heights to be off. Yes, I know im not technically using trusses at the moment, but dimensionally I am trying to get it right for framing, and the truss manufacturer will provide his layout. Thanks!   FYI this is in x11

2077340583_ScreenShot2019-02-23at8_21_05AM.thumb.png.e3068d294c9bcb2b5208069ca5c0a5d2.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.26.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.26.42 AM.png

I assume you are manually manipulating these roof planes. If you look under the General tab you will see that the baseline, which controls the roofs height(vertical position) is only an inch or more higher than the top plate(displayed under measurements) and the birds mouth depth is almost the entire vertical depth of the roof structure. If the displayed top plate height is what you desire then you will need to manually calculate this to get the correct baseline height, Top Plate Height + Vertical Roof Structure Height - Desired Birds Mouth Depth. Once calculated, lock the pitch and enter the new baseline height.

• Like 1