Simple Room Information Label

mdarch47

I apologize because I know this topic has been covered many times but I can't seem to find exactly the help I need from previous posts.

I have created a simple room information label but wanted to modify it slightly.  See attached.  Want ceiling height to read in feet and inches and want to round the room volume to nearest whole number.

A related matter is when I go in the text box and try to insert a user defined macro they are all grayed out. I was attempting to copy and modify the volume macro to round out, but could not insert the modified version.... Not sure why that is.

If someone can point me in the right direction and or provide any assistance, that is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,  Mike Dolce, Architect

Chief V-X10

Morrow-EC_-_Copy.plan

Morrow-Sample-Plan.pdf

1) Macros grayed out because they are invalid

2) Try creating roomVolume macro, check the "evaluate" checkbox and paste the following 

(internal_area * (ceiling_elevation - floor_elevation) / 12).round(1)

Now select a room open the macro manager and select this new macro "roomVolume"

3)".round()" <- rounding function

5 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

1) Macros grayed out because they are invalid

2) Try creating roomVolume macro, check the "evaluate" checkbox and paste the following 

(internal_area * (ceiling_elevation - floor_elevation) / 12).round(1) 

Now select a room open the macro manager and select this new macro "roomVolume"

3)".round()" <- rounding function

Hi BT , thx , looks like we need the Context set to Owner after evaluating the Marco too?.....

KB

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Still cannot get this to work after following suggestion above.  It may be because I am trying to use a simple rich text box for a supplemental room label and I don't think a user defined macro will work in that case.  Honestly don't know enough about these things.  I will read up some more.  If I am unable to figure it out I will contact one of the experts as suggested.

Thanks again.