Downloading library catalogs

RobWhite

Is there a quick way to download the bonus and manufacturer's library catalogs. The only system I know is individually download each library category and there is about 50 such categories. Just upgraded to CAX11 and I didn't have them in the previous version so the library's were not transferred in the simple upgrade

Currently not that I am aware of Rob, it has been asked for many times but so far there hasn't been not traction on an option to download a whole Category as we see them in the 3D Library at once, so you have to go through and get the ones you want now, and pick the rest up overtime them all up over time. It would be Nice if there was an Auto Option under the Library Menu to download the Catalogs you want.

M.

43 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Currently not that I am aware of Rob, it has been asked for many times but so far there hasn't been not traction on an option to download a whole Category as we see them in the 3D Library at once, so you have to go through and get the ones you want now, and pick the rest up overtime them all up over time. It would be Nice if there was an Auto Option under the Library Menu to download the Catalogs you want.

M.

CA left a bit of humor in their data folder..

1648597672_DONTCHANGEDAT.thumb.PNG.8c563c607154a68f3695e42629c95460.PNG

I was wondering just came across.  If at any point I build a new rig, i want to transfer chief to a new system, is there a way that all my catalogs can be exported as one file?  Thing is on my current rig I was sloppy and I have textures and materials and 3d objects scattered across 3 drives.....any advice?

You can just copy over the entire folder that contains the catalogs. However, if you have some of your textures in other folders and on other drives outside of the official CA directories then issues could arise if you move/copy those to a different directory, folder or driver. Older plans brought forward may come up with a missing texture warning as their reference for the texture will be invalid.

7 hours ago, limitless8 said:

I was wondering just came across.  If at any point I build a new rig, i want to transfer chief to a new system, is there a way that all my catalogs can be exported as one file?  Thing is on my current rig I was sloppy and I have textures and materials and 3d objects scattered across 3 drives.....any advice?

Yes you can export the Entire User Folder , I do it occassionally for backup purposes, if it can't find a texture at export time it will let you tell it where it is , eg if you moved a folder or something while doing some cleanup.  I would say just give it a try NOW before you really need too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

Thank you Mick!  I already did and it came out to a total of 3gb and took maybe 10min, so I'll do this as well from time to time so when the new rig comes in I can import all my libraries easily.

Glad it worked out, 3GB !........... that's one healthy Library... you can also export it in Sections as you have it organised if need...

• 1 month later...

hello.. would anyone have additional X5 catalogs of manufacturers and non-manufacturers?

I need lighting, tile, flooring, cabinets, cabinet door styles, appliances, countertops like Caesar Stone etc. and so on.

if someone could please help me I would appreciate it immensely. 

Sincerely

Greg