Help Needed: roof cricket??

mrrozhall

Hi Folks,

Needing some assistance with creating a cricket/saddle in my plan on the covered patio.  Attached is a photo I'm trying to replicate in my design.  Mine is a very basic, simple roof plane that was manually drawn.  I want to add a cricket/saddle (might not be the correct name) where the yellow highlighted area is.

PLEASE NOTE:  I'm using X8, so if you modify my plan I'll need to be able to open it in X8.

Thanks very much everyone.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hi Solver,

I usually use the 'Break Line' tool, to disjoin the roof area where I want the cricket.  From there, I make that wall a full gable wall and rebuild the roof.  I can't seem to do that; and was wondering if its because I manually drew the wall and there's actually not a wall.

I just realized I didn't submit my plan.  It is now attached.

I might be saying the wrong thing.  Whenever I create a similar design, I "break" the roof plane on the two sides, then I make the "separated" roof area a full/gable wall.  But since my patio space doesn't have walls, I don't know how to do it.

My plan is attached.

Thanks again

DECKOFFPATIO_FACEHOUSE_v2_SIDEWAYS_CLOSER_v2_PLAY.plan

Solver,

Did you redraw the entire covered room area with invisible walls?  All four wall of the room?  Or did you draw the invisible walls inside of the existing covered patio room?

Been trying to reproduce your perfect solution....with no success.

Can you post your plan?

Thx

You have a lot of lower walls that are not lining up with the upper walls. Use the tool to line them up. Like Eric said it helps a lot to make sure everything is clean before you build the roof. Use the perspective floor over view to check that all your walls are lining up correctly and your room heights are where they are supposed to be. Take your time on that part and it will save you a lot of trouble and aggravation later.

Capture1.PNG