3d reference view..very cool.

dskogg

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

How did you do that?

I show an early method in this video:

...I also show another example in these two videos:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/uploads/monthly_2019_02/2019-02-15_10-35-18.mp4.7f5f252f92b7df59673425bc4788b01e.mp4

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/uploads/monthly_2019_02/2019-02-14_16-52-05.mp4.b2a8ed1a0ce0383c2dab7f64f957344e.mp4

which are in this thread: 

What I did was make current 3D design show in glass house first and turn up transparency and then add as built in standard view.

if you start with standard view I couldn’t change it to glass house once I loaded as built model.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Yes, very cool but would be SO much cooler with more reference display options other than just standard and glass house.

I agree.. I wish ca had the line drawing option.. and be able to add shadows like sketchup.. I started long ago with pencil and vellum.. I have come a longgggggg way.. I remember doing perspectives with vanishing points etc.. anyways I love the crossed lines on this view.. just like the old days

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, dskogg said:

What I did was make current 3D design show in glass house first and turn up transparency and then add as built in standard view.

if you start with standard view I couldn’t change it to glass house once I loaded as built model.

Thanks, Got it or at least as good as it will get with the current feature set...

6 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Let’s see what you got...

It's that same simple plan as the above video. Closed it up and it's only an experiment... Just something I would never in my business real world. If there was more control I would like to keep the as built as standard view and the proposed as something with more options, like line drawing or almost anything other than glass house which I never use...

ref set glass.png

Just now, HumbleChief said:

It's that same simple plan as the above video. Closed it up and it's only an experiment...

ref set glass.png

Looks good.. seems like one has to decide which model is glass depending on what looks better.. my addition engulfed existing house so I had to make new glass and old standard.. with yours the addition is added on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dskogg said:

Looks good.. seems like one has to decide which model is glass depending on what looks better.. my addition engulfed existing house so I had to make new glass and old standard.. with yours the addition is added on.

The only other option is the glass house in the vid above. I think I might be missing something?

9 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Rene,

You are a total out of the box thinker. I loved watching your video's. I subscribed to your YouTube channel please keep sharing!