X11 Missing Patterns

builtright3

6 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Ok, so I can make the pattern but why all of a sudden we loose the pre-made pattern in X11 after having it in all the other old version? Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

they are in the Library now and you can save any custom ones you make to the library too.....

image.thumb.png.864526362c53251e2c7a4bcdb588cfe6.png

16 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

There is no hatching in the library. I just don't like that it was taken out. Doesn't make sense to me. I will quit complaining and make my own.

Grid at 45° I think it is now , but you are right most of the Basic ones we had before we now have to make, there is no Custom Option either anymore, so I am not sure how we access the Pattern in the Pattern Folder....

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Grid at 45° I think it is now

I can do an angle hatch but I don't know how to do a angle cross hatch. I guess now I need to learn how to make patterns. I typically don't make custom stuff because I'm not doing the in depth design as some others do. I only use what is available in the program. Maybe it is just a mistake by Chief programmers that it got left out.

1 hour ago, builtright3 said:

I can do an angle hatch but I don't know how to do a angle cross hatch. I guess now I need to learn how to make patterns. I typically don't make custom stuff because I'm not doing the in depth design as some others do. I only use what is available in the program. Maybe it is just a mistake by Chief programmers that it got left out.

Angle Cross hatch is the one I said above...... Grid at 45°

Grid is Cross Hatch

Angle Hatch is Strip at  -45 or 45°  ( for left/right angled hatch)

Make them all once and save to the library and you should be done in 5 mins?

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Grid at 45° I think it is now , but you are right most of the Basic ones we had before we now have to make, there is no Custom Option either anymore, so I am not sure how we access the Pattern in the Pattern Folder.... 

Either run a library update...

Hatches.thumb.png.d0c68716066fd639343c1ab21e13be92.png

...or use this...

Import.thumb.png.65019086c2bd14a2fa4d22b32380e3f9.png

Thanks Guy's! I should have seen it, these are very simple steps. I have had very little sleep this week because I have been starring at this computer to much. Put a lot of time in watching video's and reading the Manuel and now I'm burnt out! But I got my new templates looking real good now!

Thank's Again

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Either run a library update...

Hatches.thumb.png.d0c68716066fd639343c1ab21e13be92.png

...or use this...

Import.thumb.png.65019086c2bd14a2fa4d22b32380e3f9.png

Joe and I both have the new Library Items but they don't include the Old Standards for some reason ( not a good move in my book ) but I had forgotten about the Pattern Import Function, thx.

these are Chief's Patterns from X10 , from the Patterns Folder for X11

MHD Chief Fills Pre X11.calibz

M.

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Joe and I both have the new Library Items but they don't include the Old Standards for some reason ( not a good move in my book )

but I had forgotten about the Pattern Import Function, thx.

M.

I imported patterns but they just copied what I already had in the library

2 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I imported patterns but they just copied what I already had in the library

Try the File I uploaded above , its all the old Patterns (280) from x10 imported to X11.....it doesn't include the old STDs though AFAIK.

6 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

So, Is there a way to add a new pattern to this dialog box under the type? I see add to library but thats it.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.04e0b64b120bfae7ff11d3bfe6e9c89a.PNG

I don't think so as the Custom Option is gone , you now need to import them into the Library 1st by the look of it.

But you should be able to Import any AutoCAD etc one's you have and apply them from the Library instead.

In looking at how this new dialog works, if I pick a pattern from my User library and populate a polyline (PL) box with the new pattern, by default the scale is 1.0.  To see how the pattern looks I change it to a larger scale (e.g. scale 10).  This gives me a much better idea about how the pattern looks and maybe 10 is the scale I want to use.  But now if I change my mind and want to try a different pattern from my User library, and select and spray paint the PL box with the new fill, the scale reverts back to 1.0.  For some patterns, a scale of 1.0 just doesn't show very well what the pattern looks like IMO.  My preference on the way this should behave is that the new pattern would come in at scale 10.0, not revert back to the default 1.0.  Seems like this new dialog might be creating some extra steps in the simple process of applying patterns.  I realize I can populate my library with my favorites but still not sure that, at least for some of the standard fills I frequently used in X10 and prior, that this is a better system.  Maybe I just need some time to play with this more and see how I like it a little later on.  For X10 and before, I didn't necessarily like having to sort through some of the custom patterns folders to find what I wanted either.  At least with this new method, we can see what the fills look like in the library preview and I really appreciate that.  Which brings up a request:  I would like to be able to select a fill pattern in the library browser and then be able to zoom in (the bottom display box) so I can see how some of the fills repeat themselves before I actually use them.  As far as I can tell, we can't do this.  We have to place the fill and then re-scale to see how the pattern looks.  I don't have a super big monitor (2 @ 23") so even if I resize the preview windows for the library patterns, it is still hard to tell what they are going to look like until they are actually used.  Just some thoughts from my perspective.

2 hours ago, CJSpud said:

I would like to be able to select a fill pattern in the library browser and then be able to zoom in (the bottom display box) so I can see how some of the fills repeat themselves before I actually use them.  As far as I can tell, we can't do this.

Doesn't the selectable Preview Width do the same as a zoom - only not as elegantly.

Ok, so after playing around with fill for a little while I'm finding how much I like the "Fill Style Painter" on my tool bar.

AS PER THE ATTACHED PICTURE:

• Set your preview width to 120 and it is more like you want it
  • Put the "Fill Style Painter" on your tool bar
  • Build your library with all your different fill patterns

This is a good start! Thanks Chief!

Capture1.thumb.PNG.142809d5681a66e9c3b9b8f53a4274ad.PNG

Question:

How can I change the default preview width?

5 hours ago, glennw said:

Doesn't the selectable Preview Width do the same as a zoom - only not as elegantly.

Glenn: 

Yes and I've used it a lot over the years.  As you said, not as elegantly.  But wouldn't it be great if we could just zoom in/out in the viewer pane like we do with symbols to look at some of those patterns that don't show up so well until you do other stuff?