How do you re-run the Migration tool?

Meltdown00

How do you re-run the Migration tool?

As I was installing the X11 Beta, the program froze at the Migrate dialog and now it goes straight into the startup screen and I can't re-run it. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there a registry key I can edit to force X11 to think its a new install or something?

Renaming or Deleting the .ini file will do it ...it is not deleted on an uninstall , a good thing I guess in most cases as it also reinstates your Preferences etc on a reinstall. I suggest making a backup copy ( or rename it ) before deleting just in case , as you can see below in my pic I have several extra folders with backups. Once deleted I think the Repair Option in Control Panel>Programs or the Apps Settings will get it to run the migration again. *** confirmed working in post below ***

It is normally in the User's AppData>Roaming Folder>Chief Architect Inc , if you have more than one version of Chief installed there will be multiple Files

eg.   C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc

image.thumb.png.6e54319a982bfb571149af10cea7731e.png

*** updated  : there is also a setting in the .ini file ..............             Migrate%20User%20Settings=false 

it maybe worth trying setting it   =True    to see if it triggers a migrate when X11 next starts

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Deleting the .ini file will do it ...it is not deleted on an uninstall , a good thing I guess in most cases as it also reinstates your Preferences etc on a reinstall. I suggest making a backup copy before deleting just in case , as you can see below in my pic I have several extra folders with backups. Once deleted I think the Repair Option in Control panel or the Apps Settings will get it to run the migration again.

It is normally in the User's AppData>Roaming Folder>Chief Architect Inc , if you have more than one version installed there will be multiple Files

eg.   C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc

image.thumb.png.6e54319a982bfb571149af10cea7731e.png

Aye, that's the ticket laddie.

Much thanks!