X11 Highlighting fill

KilianDrafting

22 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

Is there a setting in X11 version to change or turn off selection fill for selected objects and dimensions? I use a black background and the new version is highlighting certain objects when selected with a white fill background(ie - dimensions, labels, temp dimension)

1912489713_TempDimensions.thumb.png.0ad67d55141997dce5d280c233293f86.png

The Colors are all done in Preferences>Appearance>Colors if I understand the issue correctly. You may need to set many of your Preferences up again in the new Version , not just this....

appears to be time to update your Signature too....

M.

That's the first place (Preferences>Appearance>Colors) I checked. All of my old settings/colors have migrated correctly from x10, but for some reason those selected/active items are "blotted out" in white. In x10 these items didn't have the fill displayed just transparent (black) background.

17 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

The Colors are all done in Preferences>Appearance>Colors if I understand the issue correctly. You may need to set many of your Preferences up again in the new Version , not just this....

appears to be time to update your Signature too....

M.

4 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

That's the first place (Preferences>Appearance>Colors) I checked. All of my old settings/colors have migrated correctly from x10, but for some reason those selected/active items are "blotted out" in white. In x10 these items didn't have the fill displayed just transparent (black) background.

Change your text style defaults to transparent

949939092_CHANGEYOURTEXTSTYLEDEFAULTS.thumb.PNG.a8eeb3abe8e079fa487ea9fc85d9299e.PNG

7 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

but for some reason those selected/active items are "blotted out" in white.

Sorry I missed the Blotted out in White part in the OP , I thought you wanted the Selection Fill...

I believe Rene is Correct the default in X11 is to have a White Fill for Text etc Boxes, but you can Import your Old defaults though from a Current plan or you Old Template and I think it will Fix it.

M.

I changed the text, dimension, and window label text style defaults to transparent. Still not working. The white blotted out text only shows when I select an item such as window, elevation camera, dimension, etc. I keep trying to change different settings, but still can't come up with a solution.

1 minute ago, KilianDrafting said:

I changed the text, dimension, and window label text style defaults to transparent. Still not working. The white blotted out text only shows when I select an item such as window, elevation camera, dimension, etc. I keep trying to change different settings, but still can't come up with a solution.

Did you Import from an X10 file like I suggested?

post the plan so someone can check for you if you can't get it....

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

In X10 the text background was the background color.  In X11, the text background is simply white. 

That is what seems to be happening. I checked in the x11 layout as well - same white fill. I use a white background in my x10 layout and selected dimensions on the layout show a black background. Thanks for all the input

I did try importing defaults as well as opening a completed plan I had done previously.

Sample Plan.plan

1 minute ago, KilianDrafting said:

That is what seems to be happening. I checked in the x11 layout as well - same white fill. I use a white background in my x10 layout and selected dimensions on the layout show a black background. Thanks for all the input

I did try importing defaults as well as opening a completed plan I had done previously.

Sample Plan.plan

I thought the import may se everything up like you had it in X10 without too much Work..... I guess not ...perhaps some stuff isn't imported?

did you see Pic above?

2 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

Again the text displays correctly - but only when I select something is when the fill shows up.

Just tried the select all - still didn't work. Maybe a bug or something, or an obscure setting somewhere

Just looking at your Sample Plan..... as I don't like it either....

3 hours ago, KilianDrafting said:

Again the text displays correctly - but only when I select something is when the fill shows up.

Just tried the select all - still didn't work. Maybe a bug or something, or an obscure setting somewhere

got an answer to my Beta Report.....

I got an answer........

Mick,

Currently in X11 there is not a way to change the fill when the items is selected, it will always be white. This should be resolved for the official release of X11.

Thanks